ASEL version 3
The Australian Standards for the Export of Livestock (ASEL) version 3.0 was published in April 2020.
Key changes include in ASEL 3.0 include:
- Revised pen space allowances, with more space provided to livestock on vessels in most circumstances.
- Increases to the time required for some livestock to be prepared at the registered premises.
- Changes to the notifiable mortality rate for livestock and the requirements for notification.
- A new definition of voyage length with related changes for personnel, bedding and feed requirements.
- Inclusion and extension of additional management plans for sea and air.
- New general requirements and species-specific requirements for standards 1, 3 and 6.
The legislated enforcement date of the ASEL 3.0 is planned for 1 November 2020. All livestock exported on or after this date must comply with the ASEL 3.0.
Last updated: 28 May 2020
Share this page: