The department’s governance framework includes its committees and other management structures and processes that oversee strategic and corporate planning, risk management, emergency management, regulatory compliance, performance and financial management.
The framework supports the department’s strategic direction and provides executive management oversight, transparency, accountability and encourages efficient decision making.
The Board of Management (BoM) provides governance and leadership to enable the department to achieve its objectives. BoM has representatives from all the department’s output groups.
The department’s corporate governance arrangements are guided by five principles.
- Organisational structure: the department’s structure aligns with its strategic plan and operations.
- Performance: the department ensures its governance arrangements positively contribute to overall performance and delivery of services, programs and regulatory responsibilities.
- Conformance: the department uses its governance arrangements to meet legislative requirements, comply with necessary regulations and standards, and satisfy expectations of probity, accountability and transparency.
- Finance: the department safeguards its financial resources to ensure accountability.
- Risk management: the department identifies, manages and mitigates its risks.
ANNUAL REPORT 2018-19 - DEPARTMENT OF PRIMARY INDUSTRY AND RESOURCES
Last updated: 23 October 2019
Share this page:URL copied!