Northern Territory Business Innovation Strategy
The Territory Business Innovation Strategy 2.0 will deliver the following outcomes:
- 4.0 workforce and career paths developed and accessible in the Territory
- increased competitiveness, exports, and profitability of businesses active in our innovation ecosystem
- new private sector jobs through business innovation in the Territory
- new public and private sector investment and migration into the Territory innovation ecosystem
- the Territory recognised as a powerhouse of innovation in our national and international regions that delivers unique value to markets locally and globally.
Read the previous 2018-21 strategy on the Innovation website.
The Northern Territory Business Innovation Strategy aims to develop a $4 billion Territory innovation ecosystem to support the achievement of a $40 billion economy in the Territory by 2030.
Our priority programs
- Accelerate the commercialisation of innovation in the Territory.
- Activate our innovation ecosystem.
- Advance public sector innovation.
- Amplify the value of science in the Territory.
Our approach to achieving our goal is informed by the following four innovation design principles.
- Think big, start small, learn fast, scale up, through open innovation, human centred design, and 4.0 technology.
- Support, diversify, and grow our innovation ecosystem to empower Territorians to innovate and commercialise more efficiently and effectively.
- Collaborate locally, nationally, and internationally to solve our own problems, strengthen our weaknesses, build on our capabilities.
- Deliver innovation to support priority Northern Territory (NT) Government strategic objectives including:
- Territory Economic Reconstruction
- Digital and Terabit Territory
- STEM in the Territory
- Climate Change
- COVID-19 objectives.
The strategy can be found on the Innovation website, along with a digital directory reflecting the members of Territory’s innovation ecosystem.
The website will regularly be updated with news, events, Territory business innovation stories, ecosystem partner information and updates on action items. The format is intended to make it easier to encourage strategic partners, the Territory business sector, stakeholders and community to connect with, contribute to and ultimately claim ownership over the Territory’s innovation ecosystem.
To view the strategy go to Innovation website.
For more information
Last updated: 30 March 2022
Share this page:URL copied!