Northern Territory business innovation strategy
The Northern Territory business innovation strategy focusses on strengthening the Territory's business innovation culture, creating a sustainable innovation ecosystem. The strategy outlines the Northern Territory Government's approach to ignite, inspire and intensify the innovation ecosystem.
To ignite, inspire and intensify a sustainable innovation ecosystem across the Territory, expanding and diversifying our economic growth through more successful start-ups, commercialisation of new products, services and processes, and accelerate growth of high potential businesses, driving opportunities to grow private investment and create jobs.
- Initiate and drive the formation of strategic connections and partnerships.
- Inspire innovators and entrepreneurs across the Territory.
- Develop Territory talent.
- Nurture idea formation.
- Support more Territory start-ups to succeed.
- Boost Territory business research and development activity.
- Accelerate growth of high potential Territory businesses.
- Increase private investment for Territory start-ups and high growth businesses.
A living strategy
To execute the Northern Territory business innovation strategy, a plan has been developed with actions, projects, programs and initiatives to further strengthen the Territory’s innovation ecosystem. The strategy and action plan have been presented as a website and can be found at innovation.nt.gov.au, reflecting the dynamic nature of innovation in the Territory.
The website will regularly be updated with news, events, Territory business innovation stories, ecosystem partner information and updates on action items. The format is intended to make it easier to encourage strategic partners, the Territory business sector, stakeholders and community to connect with, contribute to and ultimately claim ownership over the Territory’s innovation ecosystem.
To view the strategy go to innovation.nt.gov.au
Last updated: 12 October 2018
Share this page: