Importing plants or plant products into the Northern Territory

Have you got an import permit and/or plant health certificate?

Import permits for plant products

  • avocado plants
  • banana plants
  • plantain, manila hemp
  • grapevine material
  • potatoes (planting)
  • soybeans
  • turf.

Import permits for plant related material

  • soil, compost, potting mix
  • plant materials for diagnostic and lab testing.

Import permits for used machinery and equipment

  • all used agricultural & earthmoving equipment and machinery
  • ploughs and seeders
  • tractors
  • harvesters
  • bulldozers
  • pruning shears
  • picking poles
  • grape related machinery/equipment/tools
  • other plant related packaging, pellets and plant equipment.

Plant health or plant health assurance certificate

  • plants (household / potted / nursery) plants general (not otherwise specified)
  • fruit and vegetables
  • maize seed
  • peanut seed
  • citrus and fortunella plants
  • papaya plants
  • passionfruit plants
  • untreated pinewood, seasoned pinewood or pinewood articles and firewood from Western Australia.


To find out more about biosecurity or quarantine contact:

Darwin office

(08) 8999 2118

Katherine office

(08) 8973 9704

Alice Springs office

(08) 8951 8166


Last updated: 25 September 2019

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!