Students must be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident or a New Zealand citizen who has resided in Australia for a minimum of six months and is a NT resident
- at least 15 years of age, be identified as disengaged from school and have the skills and capabilities to undertake training and to actively engage in employment
- an Australian visa holder who:
- does not have work or study restrictions
- has a valid visa for the duration of the apprenticeship / traineeship or training, allowing for the total volume of learning required to achieve the qualification, including supervised and unsupervised training and study
- is not the primary provisional visa holder of a skilled, business innovation and investment, student, work or holiday visa identified on the Department of Home Affairs website.
Visa entitlements and conditions must be verified by the prospective student with formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Home Affairs and through the Visa Entitlement Verification Online Service.
Visa requirements, features and allowances are administered by the Australian Government and are subject to change; eligibility must be verified before finalising enrolment or signing a contract.
Apprentices and trainees are excluded from accessing VET funding through RTOs if they are employed by a NT or Australian government agency or employed through a group training arrangement and hosted to a NT or Australian government agency or business division.
Last updated: 10 July 2019
Share this page:URL copied!