Information on what we are currently working on with the passionfruit growers.
Passionfruit hybridisation project
Passiflora edulis and the tropically adapted Passiflora flavicarpa have been cross bred in a breeding trial to produce improved passionfruit varieties for tropical Northern Territory (NT). The breeding project has been running for several years and the first generation of hybrids are currently in the process of being commercialised. A second generation of hybrids have been planted out and will undergo initial assessments in late 2017- early 2018.
- Proponent sought to commercialise new passionfruit varieties
- Grafting passionfruit (DPIR YouTube Video)
- NT passionfruit are going commercial (2017) Top Paddock article
- Plans for new lines of passionfruit in the NT (2018) The Queensland Times
- New varieties to help grow fledgling passionfruit industry in Northern Territory (2016) ABC News
Mark Hoult: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: 13 November 2018
Share this page: