Territory’s vocational education and training sector celebrated
The Territory’s high achieving individuals and businesses in the vocational education and training (VET) sector were recognised at the 2022 Northern Territory Training Awards gala dinner held on Saturday 3 September 2022.
The 2022 winners represent a wide range of industries including beauty services, business, community services, construction, electro technology, engineering, fitness, health and retail.
2022 NT Training Awards individual category winners:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year - Caraline 'Dotty' Repu
- Austin Asche Apprentice of the Year - Mary Coulter
- School-based Apprentice or Trainee of the Year - Bella Faull
- Trainee of the Year - Sarah Pettifer
- VET in Schools Student of the Year - Tayla Hebbron
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year - Justin Burgess
- Vocational Student of the Year - Kira Vanderkley.
2022 NT Training Awards business category winners:
- Industry Collaboration of the Year - Gas Type B - A collaboration between Territory Generation, Gastrain and Charles Darwin University
- Large Training Provider of the Year - Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
- Large Employer of the Year - Glencore McArthur River Mining
- Small Training Provider of the Year - WANT Training Services
- Small Employer of the Year - Frontier Marine Services.
VET plays an important role in future proofing our workforce and helping develop our local capacity, enabling Territory businesses to adapt and grow.
Northern Territory winners in eligible categories will progress to the national Australian Training Awards to be held in Adelaide on Friday 18 November.