Seeking nominations to the NT Science Forum Committee
Would you like to be part of a forum that helps grow the science, technology and innovation community in the Territory?
The Northern Territory Science Forum was launched in July 2022 to support engagement of public, private and academic sectors across the Territory, including with national, and international partners.
The Forum will facilitate better visibility of the science being conducted in all sectors across the Territory, celebrate good science, and provide better advocacy to key decision makers about issues and opportunities for science in the Territory.
Since the launch, the Forum has held one meeting to discuss the purpose, membership and governance of the Forum.
Expressions of interest for the Chairperson and general committee positions are now being sought.
The Committee will undertake the following functions and responsibilities:
- attend quarterly meetings
- take a lead role in developing a future vision for the Territory’s science culture and community in line with the Territory Business Innovation Strategy 2.0
- engage with the science community and stakeholders to elicit feedback to inform strategy on development of science and technology in the Northern Territory
- provide recommendations to ensure that the Territory’s science activities and programs are providing maximum benefit to the Territory’s sustainable economic development and job creation
- provide advice on building, local, national and international connections that strengthen our local science ecosystem
- develop options and advice for short and medium-term actions to achieve greater levels of investment in science in the Territory
- oversee the development of strategies to increase the number and quality of scientists, as well as measures to enhance science education and training
- recommend approaches to improve, and actively raise community awareness of science and celebrating success of the local community.
The Chairperson will also undertake the following functions and responsibilities:
- conducting meetings and leading the group’s activities
- set meeting agendas
- ensure the roles and responsibilities of the group are fulfilled
- ensure members are familiar and compliant with these terms of reference
- provide reports and feedback to the Forum and to other interested stakeholders
- represent the Territory science sector at appropriate forums
How to nominate
Nominations can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close Monday 7 November 2022. Nominations will be endorsed at the Thursday 10 November meeting. Register via Eventbrite to attend the meeting.
For more information
More information can be found at innovation.nt.gov.au/nt-science-forum