Territory Workforce Advisory Group announced
A new Territory Workforce Advisory Group has been established to support business and industry address critical workforce shortages.
The advisory group is charged with providing strategic advice to government on industry needs and informing initiatives that will drive economic growth, alleviate workforce shortages and increase our skilled population.
The group will provide strategic advice on the $3 million Workforce Solutions Fund which will enable industry to deliver projects to attract and retain the skilled workforce they need.
The fund will provide grants for projects which encourage local businesses to work in collaboration to attract and retain a skilled workforce.
The fund is part of the government’s $12.8 million workforce boost to fill critical skills shortages in the Territory.
The advisory group includes 7 members comprising of Territory business owners and industry leaders across a wide range of sectors including construction, hospitality, human services and ICT.
Members of the Territory Workforce Advisory Group include:
- Tom Vincent, Managing Director at Asia Pacific Aircraft Storage Pty Ltd
- Jason Jones, Director Rusca Developments, Chair NTIBN
- Connie Jape, Director of Sales Marketing at Jape Group International. President of the Chinese Chamber of Commerce
- Steve Margetic, Managing Director of Sitzler
- Wendy Morton, Community Housing Registrar for the NT
- Katy Jackson, Director of Human Resources NT
- Scott Bowman, Vice Chancellor Charles Darwin University