Veterans’ Health Week 2021
Supporting the health and wellbeing of veterans will be the key focus for this year’s Veterans’ Health Week being held from 16 October to 24 October 2021.
Events will also be held throughout the month to ensure there are multiple opportunities for the veteran community to take part.
Physical activity is an important contributor to emotional, mental and physical well-being. Veterans’ Health Week is a great opportunity for veterans and their families to get active and participate in events being run by the local working group.
If you want to find out more about these events, or to confirm your attendance, get in touch with the event organisers. Some activities may have limited places, so make sure you RSVP to secure a place.
See events calendar here.
Veterans and family support
If you or someone else is in crisis and needs immediate help, please call:
- Triple zero (000) if you feel like you may hurt yourself or someone else
- Open Arms - Veterans & Families Counselling on 1800 011 046
- ADF Mental Health All-hours Support Line on 1800 628 036
- Lifeline Australia on 13 11 14
- 1800RESPECT, National Sexual Assault, Domestic and Family Violence Counselling Service on 1800 737 732
You can also find links to additional support here.