Territory business takes out Australian export accolade
Northern Territory business Monsoon Aquatics has been named Australian Exporter of the Year at the 59th Australian Export Awards.
Monsoon Aquatics is a world-leading supplier of premium, hand-picked Australian coral and marine life. In the last financial year, the business has grown its total sales by 35% and export sales by 18%.
The industry leader was established in 2008 and pioneered the collection of livestock from some of the Territory’s most remote locations, and was the first company to export coral to an international market in 2011. The company’s exports are sustainably sourced and collected under government regulated licences.
Monsoon Aquatics was one of seven Northern Territory finalists who progressed to the national awards, with 89 finalists in total from right around the country.
The national awards recognise and honour Australian exporters who have achieved sustainable growth through innovation and commitment, which have made a significant contribution to the Australian economy.
Congratulations to all Territory finalists:
- SPEE3D - Advanced Technologies
- Monsoon Aquatics - Agribusiness, Food and Beverages
- Ausinet - E-commerce
- Alana Kaye College - International Education and Training
- Australian Blue Cypress - Manufacturing and Advanced Materials
- Australia Pacific Aircraft Storage - Regional Export
- PlantSensors - Sustainability.