New mineral taskforce announced
The Territory Government has established an industry-led Mineral Development Taskforce to drive the Territory’s resource sector and unlock a strong pipeline of projects.
The taskforce will investigate and identify strategies to activate and secure ongoing private capital in mineral projects, including downstream manufacturing processes.
It will have a critical role to play in devising innovative approached and options to accelerate private investment.
The taskforce will identify new opportunities, recommend options to win more private sector investment and accelerate the process of turning prospective mines into operational mines.
Established for an initial period of 12 months, the taskforce is aligned with the Territory Economic Reconstruction final report to investigate and identify opportunities to accelerate significant private investment in mineral projects, including value add processes.
The taskforce will include 10 members (including the chair) and comprises of government, industry and private sector experts and will chaired by the chief executive officer of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade.
Members of the Territory Minerals Development Taskforce include:
- Mr Shaun Drabsch, Chief Executive Officer of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade (chair)
- Ms Tania Constable PSM, Chief Executive Officer of the Minerals Council of Australia
- Mr Tom Seymour, Chief Executive Officer of PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Mr Joe Martin-Jard, Chief Executive Officer, Northern Land Council
- Mr Bryan Quinn, former BHP President
- Ms Michelle Croker, Head of the Resources Division at the Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources
- Dr Phil Gorey, Deputy Director General, Resource and Environmental Regulation, Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety, Western Australia
- Dr Sharna Glover, Co-Founder and CEO of Imvelo.ai
- Mr John Braham, Independent Director, Castile Resources Ltd, and
- Mr David Carland, Company Director and Co-founder of BurnVoir Partners.