Northern Territory Budget 2021
The Northern Territory Government has released the 2021 Budget which focuses on leading the comeback by:
- Staying safe from the virus we’re backing the frontline health response, keeping Howard Springs open and continuing the vaccine rollout.
- Bringing more investment to the Territory with land releases, the introduction of a dedicated investment commissioner and building a manufacturing precinct.
- Backing the best opportunities for growth in the Territory through resources, renewables, tourism and parks.
The Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade, was established to help achieve the Territory Government’s goal of creating a $40 billion economy by 2030.
Key budget highlights include a range of new initiatives that the leadership team will continue to work through in the coming months.
Advancing economic reconstruction
- Renewable Remote Power Program (including hydrogen trial) $6 million.
- Fast tracking sustainable development precincts for agribusiness $500,000.
- Investigating agribusiness and manufacturing opportunities $500,000.
- Mapping regulatory processes 500 – targeting international migration programs $300,000.
- Supporting the Territory’s Mineral Development Taskforce $250,000.
Increasing visitation to the Territory through focused and effective marketing
- Intra-Territory voucher campaign $5 million.
- Interstate incentive scheme $5 million.
- Red Centre promotion and packages $1 million.
- Business Events Support Fund $1 million.
- Delivering festivals and events $4.35 million.
Supporting the rebound of tourism and hospitality businesses and encouraging private investment through targeted investment
- Roadhouse to Recovery grant program $4 million.
- Visitor Experience Enhancement Program $3 million.
- Critical Worker Support Package for hospitality and tourism industries $2 million.
- Support programs for tourism businesses $2.17 million.
- Northern Territory Aboriginal Tourism Strategy $480,000.
- Enhancing tourism businesses’ digital and agent sales $250,000.
- Home and Business Battery Scheme $2.84 million.
- Supporting the screen industry $2.52 million.
- Business Security Assistance program (Biz Secure) and Victims of Crime NT’s Re-secure program $2.05 million.
Find out more NT Budget 2021