Business update: Territory Jobs Hub
The Northern Territory (NT) Government is supporting Territory workers impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19) to connect with local businesses and find new employment.
Territory Jobs Hub is an online portal that will help Territory workers connect with Territory employers to find work quickly. The portal will also help businesses that need workers to connect with those looking for work. This includes casual and contract work.
All NT residents and all NT businesses can access the Territory Jobs Hub for free.
For more information on the Territory Jobs Hub go to the Northern Territory Government website.
Social gatherings new restrictions
The Australian Government have introduced new restrictions on social gatherings to slow the spread of coronavirus.
The following facilities were restricted from opening from midday local time 23 March 2020:
- pubs, registered and licensed clubs (excluding bottle shops attached to these venues)
- hotels (excluding accommodation)
- gyms and indoor sporting venues
- cinemas, entertainment venues, casinos and night clubs
- restaurants and cafes will be restricted to takeaway and / or home delivery
- religious gatherings, places of worship or funerals (in enclosed spaces and other than very small groups and where the one person per four square metre rule applies)
From 12am on 26 March 2020, these restrictions will extend to the following facilities:
- food courts in shopping centres (takeaway is still okay)
- beauticians, tanning, waxing, spas, massage parlours
- indoor markets (excluding food markets)
- amusement parks and arcades
- play centres (indoor and outdoor)
- community and recreation centres
- health clubs, fitness centres and yoga centres.
Weddings are limited to five people.
Funerals are limited to 10 people.
For more information on social gatherings restrictions, go to the Coronavirus website.
Small Business Survival Fund
The NT Government is delivering a $50 million survival fund to help Territory businesses survive the economic impact of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Further details will be available on 27 March 2020. Program applications will also be open from 27 March 2020.
To find out more, go to the Business Recovery website.