AGES 2020 program released
The 2020 Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES) program is now available.
AGES is the flagship event for the Territory Government to promote the latest geological results from the Northern Territory Geological Survey (NTGS) programs under the Resourcing the Territory initiative.
Regularly attracting more than 200 delegates, the two day event will be held 24 and 25 March at the Alice Springs Convention Centre.
Key highlights for AGES 2020 include industry presentations about innovative new geoscience, technical updates and opportunities from across the Territory, practical information and the AGES dinner.
The program includes presentations and speakers from government, researchers and industry speakers on innovative new geoscience, minerals and petroleum exploration highlights and opportunities from across the Territory.
- first release of data from the new 840km Barkly seismic survey
- new data on the age, structure and correlations of the South Nicholson Basin
- first interpretations of the NTGS Tanami airborne magnetic survey
- insights into the undercover copper-gold and base metal mineral potential of the ‘east Tennant’ region in the Barkly Tableland and the Rover Field south west of Tennant Creek
- the latest on the recommencement of shale gas exploration in the Beetaloo Sub-basin.
AGES 2020 will also include technical industry presentations on exploration for oil and gas, gold, base metals and other commodities across the Territory
For the complete program or to register to attend, go to the Resourcing the Territory website.