AGES 2020 – Registrations open
The Territory’s premier exploration event, the Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES), is being held on 24 and 25 March 2020.
Registrations are now open for the 2020 conference, which will held at the Alice Springs Convention Centre. Pre-conference workshops will also be held on Monday 23 March.
AGES is the flagship event for the Territory Government to promote the latest geological results from the Northern Territory Geological Survey’s (NTGS) programs under the Resourcing the Territory initiative.
AGES 2020 will include major new releases of data and interpretations from Resourcing the Territory and Geoscience Australia’s Exploring for the Future program, including:
- First release of data from the new 840km Barkly seismic survey
- New data on the age, structure and correlations of the South Nicholson Basin
- First interpretations of the NTGS Tanami airborne magnetic survey
- Insights into the undercover copper-gold and base metal mineral potential of the ‘east Tennant’ region in the Barkly Tableland and the Rover Field south west of Tennant Creek
- The latest on the recommencement of shale gas exploration in the Beetaloo Sub-basin
AGES 2020 will also include technical industry presentations on exploration for oil and gas, gold, base metals and other commodities across the Territory AGES is held in conjunction with the Mining Services Expo, which showcases Northern Territory businesses and their capabilities to support exploration and mining ventures.
For more information and to register for AGES 2020, go to the Resourcing the Territory website.