Registration open for AGES 2019
The Territory’s premier exploration event, the Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES), turns 20 in 2019.
Registrations are now open for the milestone AGES event, which will held at the Alice Springs Convention Centre on 19 and 20 March 2019. Pre-conference workshops will also be held on Monday 18 March.
AGES is the flagship event for the Territory Government to promote the latest geological results from the Northern Territory Geological Survey’s (NTGS) programs under the Resourcing the Territory initiative.
Highlights of the 2019 program will include:
- technical updates on successful exploration programs and new discoveries from across the Territory for gold, base metals, battery commodities, oil and gas and more
- full day pre-conference workshop and new data releases from major Geoscience Australia-NTGS-GSQ collaborative geoscience programs between Tennant Creek and Mount Isa under Exploring for the Future
- updates on the lifting of the moratorium on hydraulic fracturing and the potential for shale gas in the Beetaloo Sub-basin and elsewhere in the Territory
- new data and concepts for polymetallic mineral systems in central Australia
- the latest information and data on basin architecture and zinc mineral systems in the Batten Fault Zone
- new insights into regional stratigraphic correlations across the greater McArthur Basin
- information and data releases from the Territory Government’s new $26 million Resourcing the Territory geoscience initiative
- practical information to assist with issues such as land access, titles and accessing geoscience data
- the AGES dinner – the premier networking and social event for the NT exploration industry. The government is committed to supporting the growth of the mining and energy sectors and engaging regularly with industry
AGES is held in conjunction with the Mining Services Expo, which showcases Northern Territory businesses and their capabilities to support exploration and mining ventures.
For more information and to register for AGES 2019, go to the Resourcing the Territory website.