Subsequent year endorsement process
Endorsement to access the Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement (NT DAMA) is for up to five years, however initial allocation of occupation types and number of vacancies are for the first year only. Businesses seeking to access new overseas workers will need to apply to the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade (DITT) each subsequent year.
Most applications are for additional numbers of the same endorsed occupation types, however additional occupations included in the agreement can be applied for.
The department examines the business’ current and future workforce needs to determine:
- which occupations and concessions requested may be accessible, and how many positions can be nominated for each
- whether the business is unable to employ an Australian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position and whether the business is offering terms and conditions of employment that meet market rates. Businesses need to:
- demonstrate they have undertaken appropriate labour market testing and are unable to employ an Australian citizen or permanent resident to fill the position. The standard of labour market testing, including duration, content and eligible mediums of advertising, are defined by the Department of Home Affairs, for more information on labour market testing requirements go to the Department of Home Affairs website
- provide evidence that the terms and conditions of employment are in line with Australian workplace requirements - they must be no less than what an Australian would be paid to undertake the same job in the same location
- whether the employer may be able to access the concessions, read occupations included in the agreement and concessions available. To access the English or Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold concessions, employers will need to provide evidence in support of the concessions sought.
Your business needs to apply to the DITT for subsequent year endorsement. Fill the form below and submit with the supporting documentation in the checklist.
|1.||Request for subsequent year endorsement under the NT DAMA form|
|2.||Form 956 (if a registered migration agent is assisting this application)|
|3.||Recruitment summary and evidence of advertisement for each nominated position|
Refer to section 7 of the endorsement form above and provide evidence of domestic recruitment efforts over the last four months. This evidence must meet Australian Government Labour market testing requirements, for more information on labour market testing requirements go to the Department of Home Affairs website
Evidence can include:
Job descriptions for each nominated position|
Must state registration, or licensing requirements (if applicable)
|5.||Organisation chart less than six months old, requested positions must be displayed|
|6.||Financial and business activity statement for the last financial year|
Statutory declaration about adverse information, attach evidence of outcome (if any)|
For more information on adverse information go to the Department of Home Affairs website
Evidence of market salary rate to prove the nominee receives terms and conditions no less favourable than those provided to an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Employment contract outlining terms and conditions for each position|
If already employed in the role, payslips / time sheets
|10.||A statement from the business (business case) explaining the reasons as to why the additional positions are required|
Submit your electronic application with the above supporting documents clearly labelled in separate PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a hardcopy to:
Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade
GPO Box 3200
Darwin NT 0801
Last updated: 11 November 2020
Share this page:URL copied!