How to find an Australian worker
If you want Northern Territory (NT) Government endorsement to get overseas workers under the Northern Territory Designated Area Migration Agreement you have to show that you have not been able to get suitably qualified and skilled Australian citizens or permanent residents to fill positions.
Local recruitment options
You must provide evidence of your local recruitment efforts over the last four months. There are many ways you can do this. You could:
- contact a recruitment agency
- advertise a vacancy in:
- professional and trade publications
- industry associations’ newsletters.
- advertise on a recruitment website like:
- work with Job Services Australia, who work with businesses to assess the types of workers required and attempt to match them with trained and work ready job seekers.
- consider employing an apprentice - if you don’t have enough work for an ongoing or full-time apprenticeship position, group training organisations can organise to share an apprentice with another business, go to the Australian Apprenticeships website.
The standard of labour market testing including duration, content and eligible mediums of advertising, are defined by the Department of Home Affairs, for more information on labour market testing requirements go to the Department of Home Affairs website.
Last updated: 02 January 2019
Share this page: