NT Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme
The Northern Territory Recreational Fishing Grants Scheme (NTRFGS) is funded by the Northern Territory Government’s $50 million RecFishing Futures Program and administered by the Fisheries division of the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade. Recognising the social and economic value of recreational fishing, the scheme will offer grant funding for community projects that grow and support recreational fishing in the Territory.
The NTRFGS will offer grant funding to eligible organisations for projects and activities that directly improve recreational fishing experiences and opportunities in the Northern Territory (NT).
Applications for the 2021-22 round closes on 31 July 2021.
It is expected that successful projects will be announced in August 2021.
An organisation may apply to the NTRFGS funding if it is a legally constituted Australian entity and has its main place of business registered and operating in the NT.
To be considered for funding you must:
- be an incorporated body, business or be sponsored by an organisation that is incorporated
- have no overdue reporting from any previous NT Government grants funding
- be able to complete the project by 31 August 2022.
Please note that projects on private land with no public access will not be considered.
All of the following are ineligible to apply to the NTRFGS for grants funding:
- entities operating outside of the NT (such as national or peak organisations)
- individuals (who have not partnered with an incorporated body)
- private for-profit groups
- NT Government agencies (including government schools)
- unincorporated bodies unless as a partner to a not-for-profit organisation (please refer to page eight of the guidelines for details).
Successful projects funded in 2019-20 include:
- Growing capacity and engaging NT recreational fishers in caring for fish habitat - AFANT
- Gone fishing day - AFANT
- Buddy boats day 2020 - Palmerston Game Fishing Club
- Junior angler education clinic - Palmerston Game Fishing Club
- Junior barra classic and junior clinic - Darwin Game Fishing Club
- 2019 kids fishing fun day - Katherine Game Fishing Club.
Last updated: 02 June 2021
Share this page:URL copied!