Veterinary Board of the NT

New registration and new graduates

If you want to practise as a veterinarian in the NT you must be registered with the Veterinary Board of the Northern Territory before commencing practise.

Veterinary qualifications

Veterinary specialists

  • Qualified veterinarians may make application to the AVBC advisory committee on veterinary specialists to be recognised as a veterinary specialist.

Application for new/secondary and graduate registration in the NT

Credit card payment authorisation form

This form is for credit card payment of the primary registration fee for veterinarian majority practise in the NT.

Primary registration

Your registration is recorded as primary registration where the Board is satisfied that the majority of your veterinary practise is conducted in the NT.

Secondary registration

Your registration is recorded as secondary registration where the Board is satisfied that:

  • the majority of your veterinary practise is conducted in a state or territory other than the Northern Territory
  • your registration for that state or territory continues in force for the period for which you would be registered under this section.

If you are a veterinary science graduate with a degree from a university in Australia or New Zealand you are eligible to apply for registration in the NT.

You must be registered prior to commencing work in the NT.

Complete the application for veterinarian registration and the credit card payment veterinarian registration forms listed above and provide the following documents:

  • certification from the university providing details of the degree to which your were admitted, the date of admission, and that you are of good character
  • a certified copy of your initial qualification.

Lodge your application with the Board via any one of the following:

Mail:GPO Box 3000 Darwin NT 0801
Fax:(08) 8999 2089

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 18 May 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.