Apply for veterinarian registration
To practise as a veterinarian in the Northern Territory (NT), you must be registered with the Veterinary Board of the NT.
Registration expires each year on 31 December.
Who can apply
You must have the required qualifications to be registered.
Registration is only required for veterinarians who will be practising mostly in the NT.
If you're a locum veterinarian, email the dates and locations you will visit to the vet board registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org. You don't need to provide any other registration or letter of good standing.
Veterinary qualifications for registration include:
- degrees or diplomas that are accredited by the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council (AVBC)
- veterinary courses currently offered by universities in Australia and New Zealand.
Qualifications are prescribed under Veterinarians Regulations 1994.
How long it takes
Applications are processed within 14 days.
What you need
- A certified copy of your university degree.
- A letter of good standing from the most recent board that you have been registered with. If you're a new graduate and have not been registered elsewhere:
- certification from your university giving details of the degree which you have completed
- the date of completion and
- stating that you're of good character.
- Details of any convictions you have, excluding traffic offences.
Renewals - your NT veterinary registration number.
How to apply
Estimated completion time is 10 to 15 minutes.
All steps must be completed in one go. You can't save your application and complete it later.
Payment will be the last step in the application. Pay your fee online using a credit or debit card (MasterCard or Visa). You can also choose to pay at a Receiver of Territory Monies.
Other ways to apply
If you can't apply online, submit an application using the form below.
You’ll need to pay your fee at a Receiver of Territory Monies and include a copy of the receipt with your application.
- Initial application and registration fee - $190
- Annual renewal fee - $127.
- Initial application and registration fee - $252
- annual renewal fee - $242.
Email email@example.com or call 08 8999 2028.
Last updated: 01 September 2022
Share this page:URL copied!